|What is Critical Mass?||When & Where?||Gallery||Road Safety||Bike-Humor||Bike-links||Contact|
What is Critical Mass?
Critical Mass is a group bike ride typically held on the last Friday of every month. It aims to show that cyclists also have rights on the road. We ride in the city centre from 30 min to 1h depending on weather.
- The official start time is 19:00, but we usually wait around 20 min.
- If you don't have a bike, you can rent one from Vél’oh.
- If you feel tired, you can quit at any time.
- We cycle in a calm pace and wait for everyone.
- If you are new to urban cycling and feel unsafe on the road - ride in the middle of the group, we'll protect you from cars!
- After the ride we usually go somewhere for coffee/bier :)
The concept of Critical Mass has been around since the early 90's and first began in San Francisco. Since then it has spread to over 300 cities world wide, and now it's coming to Luxembourg. Let's reclaim the streets and raise awareness of other vehicles on the road apart from cars!
Drivers in Luxembourg tend to be unaware due to a lack of experience with cyclists. It's time drivers accepted our presence and treated us as legitimate and equal road users. It's time they became more aware of us.
Do you ride your bike in winter?
An article on